Anger management Therapy
Anger when expressed in an unhealthy way can be costly. Our goal is to help individuals struggling with anger control issues to understand and manage their anger in a healthy and constructive way. Through therapy, individuals will learn how to identify the triggers that lead to their anger, as well as how to develop effective coping mechanisms to deal with those triggers in a positive manner.
Common signs of anger issues
Receiving therapy for Anger Issues can offer the following benefits:
How do I know if I am suffering from Anger Issues?
It’s important to note that everyone experiences anger differently, and some people may be more prone to anger than others. There are several signs that a person may be struggling with anger issues, some of which include:
- Frequent outbursts of anger or rage
- Difficulty controlling or expressing anger in a healthy way
- Physical aggression or verbal abuse towards others
- Constant irritability or a short fuse
- Difficulty relaxing or calming down after becoming angry
- Difficulty forgiving others or holding grudges
- Difficulty managing stress or other negative emotions
- Damage to personal and professional relationships
- Self-destructive behavior
- Negative impact on physical health such as high blood pressure, headaches, or stomach problems
- Using substances like alcohol or drugs as a way to cope with anger.
What techniques do we use to treat Anger Issues?
Our clinicians are trained to provide an eclectic approach to treating anger issues. The best form of therapy must fit your unique circumstances and specific needs. While some may benefit from Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), others might benefit from Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) or Solution Focused Therapy (SFT). Our therapists work hard to decern the best course of treatment for you. Further, we believe in a collaborative approach to therapy. We value our client’s autonomy and input in their therapy goals. The following topics are explored during therapy for anger management.
Counseling is a common treatment for anger issues and can help you identify common issues leading to outbursts and short fuse. Also, in therapy you can learn helpful coping skills to apply when overwhelmed and stressed. We offer a compassionate approach, free of judgment or shaming tactics. If you are struggling with anger issues, reach out and contact us today.
Start your therapy journey today.
Schedule a 15-Minute Free Consultation With Our Intake Coordinator.